So last Thursday I was out playing games with a bunch of other wives and I thought I got bitten by a bunch of mosquitos. Well come to find out they were actually Chigger bites. So I have these lovely little marks all over my legs. By Saturday morning they had all swelled up to quarter size. They look like little bruises and from what I hear they aren't going to go away for a while. They haven't scabed up like mosquito bites, but now their smooth and have a small pinsized bump in them, which is the Chigger. I feel like I have some kind of skin disease. Gotta love the South.
(Excuse the chubby legs, Im pregnant remember).
Jon has also picked up something lovely while here too. This beautiful Farmers Tan. Its what you get after you have to be outside for a week straight and then having to be outside all day today in his PT clothes in 97 degrees.
5 comments:
chiggers eh? hmmm... I didn't realize chiggers bite. now that makes me wonder what mine were. you poor thing those look horrible.
hee hee... I remember chigger bites well. I lived in Georgia for several years and learned quickly to never sit in the grass! Hope they heal quickly!
Welcome to the south. We enjoyed the chiggers in Missouri, there they came with ticks. Make sure you put clear nail enamel on the bites, or the lovely little critters will come out and bite you again. I remember that there was some kind of ointment they sell down there that helps with the itching...(You can always try lavendar and eucalyptus essential oils in some carrier oil, that helps with most insect bites). also, I think it was sulfur powder in the shoes that kept them from getting up your legs and biting you. There are some essential oils that keep bugs away, I will consult my book when I get back home (I am in Las Vegas with Emily at the time). You will also notice that the mosquitos are a lot more noxious down there, our Utah ones seem almost harmless compared to the nasty welts the southern ones cause. Also, beware of the flies, there are quite a few that bite as well.... and then there are the roaches.... the snakes.... nothing like the lovely south. Enjoy. Bibi
Oh no Shan! When I went to Missouri they warned me about the Chiggers. I hope they go away soon.
What exactly is a chigger? Maybe that's what went buck wild on my skin.
Post a Comment