So after we left Carthage we drove to St. Louis, MI and went to the Gateway Arch. It was pretty cool and another fun stop. Its defianetly not something you would want to do if you were at all claustrophopic or afraid of heights. You ride to the top in this little tiny bubble thats not even big enough to stand up in.



Notice the sign says 630 feet.
We stayed the night at Scott AFB in St. Louis and the next morning we headed to Nashville, TN. First we stopped at the Grand Ole Opry House but weren't really able to see anything because of course the A/C was broken in the museum and there wasn't a concert that night. So we headed to downtown Nashville and went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Jon was really not interested in this was a good sport and tagged along with me. It was still fun, but if I knew more about 'old' country singers then I might have actually been a little more interested in most of the museum.
We finally arrived at Maxwell AFB on Thursday June 4th. Overall we had a good trip and were glad to have some time together before our weird schedule these next couple months. We managed to drive through Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama. And you better believe I made Jon pull over so I could take a picture of each sign. Ha!
3 comments:
it is so good to see your pictures from the arch. we got in line when we were there and saw the sign about knifes and weapons and of course dan had his knife on him and he didn't want to walk back to the car to put it back so we ended up not going up. i was pretty bummed but i'm glad you guys went up so I could see the pictures. :)
Love the pictures, Shan, especially the one with the Arch shadow. Be careful. Dad
I'm glad you explained the pictures at first glance I thought it was a port a potty! Looks like you have had a lot of great adventures!
Post a Comment