Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lifting the Jeep

So Shannon finally gave in and allowed me to lift my jeep. I've always wanted to do this ever since I bought the jeep almost 2 years ago. So when I graduated from USU this past December Shannon gave me a card that said she would allow me to lift my jeep. I know I probably could have done it before, but knowing that I have to live with her, I really didn't want to live with the consequences of having a mad wife. I think most men would agree with me on that point. I put a 2inch spacer lift, which increases my suspension. I also installed new shocks as the shocks that were on the jeep were the original shocks. It's a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and when I purchased ths jeep it only had 42k miles on it. It now has 77k. Not bad for a 10 year old jeep. The original shocks were rusted out and made for a very stiff ride. Now after driving the jeep for the past 4 days with the new shocks, it rides so much smoother. It runs great and we love it. Were glad that there is plenty of room for a carseat and all of shannon and the baby's stuff. I've done my fair share of offroading and now with my 2 extra inches I will be able to do more. I've only ever been stuck twice but now I'm looking forward to trying those two spots again.
I have a few pics of the process. When I finished it was dark and I didn't have a good pic. So when I take a pic with good light we will update the pictures.













3 comments:

Konie said...

No off roading with that prego wife of yours. Keep her safe and no bumpy roads!!!

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Shan you are so nice! K, so not to knock your baby countdown because I love it! But my cousin is having a baby too and she has the same kinda thing on hers but it looks a little different...babystrology.com. Look at it! I love to look at her blog because it shows exactly how baby looks now and it gets bigger and bigger!!! Kinda cool!

not about me said...

Your crazy.....that is a very country/good ol' boy thing to do!