Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update and the Surprise

Apparently people do read this blog and are getting upset that I never write anything. So here is what we are up to. Jon still works at Auto Zone and also works part-time for Glacier Foods driving the delivery truck twice a week. He stays busy working on little projects and is mostly enjoying NOT SHAVING. I am taking 17 credits at USU. Im planning on graduating in December. I am still working very part-time at the Budge Clinic. And lets face it, Im pretty lazy these days.
And if you haven't heard, We're having a BABY. Surprise!!
The little munchkin is due 9-13-09. Ya thats right. MY BIRTHDAY. Me, the girl who hypes up her birthday for months in advance, reminding everyone that "Its almost my Birthday", is now going to have to share it. Sheesh. Oh well. The doc told me I had better go buy some lottery tickets because that doesn't happen very often.
I am 10 weeks along. I probably wouldn't have told this soon but word is leaking out and those who do know are dieing to tell people.
We've had an ultrasound but it was still so small and the way my uterus sits (not that you really wanted to know that) it was really hard to see anything, so posting a picture would be pointless. But it had a good little heartbeat.
Now your all thinking. Aren't you supposed to be moving all over the place this year. Yes we are. My doc told me I could go anywhere I wanted as long as I come back every 4 weeks for my appointments. So the end of May were headed off to Alabama for 6 weeks. I am probably going with Jon and stay for about 3 weeks, come back to Logan to see the Doc and then Im going to Oregon to the Johnson Reunion. By then Jon should be just finishing up in Alabama then headed to Texas for a month. Ill most likely just stay in Utah from here on out until the babe arrives. Jon goes to Pueblo, Colorodo the middle of August for a month, so he is still scheduled to be there when I'm due. But he should hopefully be able to come home for a few days at least. Then we'll venture off to Texas for good sometime in October and start flight school in November.
So that pretty much sums out life up for the next year.
Were pretty excited for our little surprise.

21 comments:

...will and bobbi... said...

Congrats! That is crazy that the baby is due on your birthday! Good luck with everything! You better keep me updated!

princess jen said...

OMG!!! That's so awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you both. I can't believe Jon is going to be a dad. You are going to be such a cute mom. Yay yay yay!!!

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

and yes it is about time you posted something! YEAH BABY!!!!!! i'm seriously so happy for you guys, after you told me i couldn't stop talking about it with dan. we are both so excited for you guys!!!

Konie said...

Congrats to you both!! Life is full of surprises!! Now I don't know what I can tease you about needing the house for next year.

Super Daysh said...

YAY!! Congrats to you guys! That is so exciting! Get ready for a long, "fattening" road. ;) How are you feeling? Sick at all or just fine and dandy? Hope all is well and that you get to skip the sick part- keep us updated, and congrats again!

Alyssa said...

Im so happy for you and Jon. You will be such cute parents. If you need anything let me know. Love you Shan!

The Nyman's said...

Kayla came on her due date.....so, it is possible that you could have a double b-day. That will just make the day more sweet.

Charlie said...

You can't have a baby!!! You are still a kid, aren't you??! (ha-ha..no worries, I am too)
HUGE congrats to the both of you. It's going to be crazy, but it will fly by so fast. Enjoy every moment, the good and the bad!
LOVE YOU BOTH!

kara said...

Congratulations!!! Let us know if you need anything from us since you guys are still around! Love ya!

Jody and Amy said...

Yay! Congrats! It is so much fun being a mom! So how have you been feeling?

Jake and Kristin said...

What a good surprise! Reading that just made my day! You are going to be such a cute mommy! At least if she is born on your birthday you had 22 years to celebrate on your own...I certainly can't say that! Good luck with all your adventures! You definitely do need to keep us posted (not that I have room to talk because I'm not very good at it either!:) CONGRATS!!!

Unknown said...

Yesss! September 13th is the best birthday ever!!! Congrats, I'm really excited for you!

Ashley and Zach Smart said...

Yesss! September 13th is the best birthday ever!!! Congrats, I'm really excited for you!

Gardiner said...

Kiki! Did Tony come visit you, and..... you know what? HA HA!! I hope you caught on to that inside joke. CONGRATS!!! That is so cool! You will be a great mom with a gorgeous baby! WAHOO!!!

Ryan and Kaeli said...

Yay! Shan! I love the update! I am so excited for you two! I cannot wait to see a baby Shan or John. Congratulations!!!

The Douglas's said...

that is so exciting. congrats. and what a good way to shar your birthday

Jeremy & Stacy said...

WOW! That is so exciting Shannon. We are really excited for you guys. Good Luck with everything!

Karissa said...

Hey I'm glad you found our blog and too random that it was through Sarah Lucero and not Sara Sheets!! Congrats on the baby news. I wouldn't normally wish this upon anyone but I hope you go over your due date so Jon can be there b/c they don't let them leave IFS (I think they can go up to 200 miles away max)! Please let us know if you ever have any questions since we're going through all the same stuff you will just a few months earlier! Good luck!

Danielle said...

Yeah, that is so exciting. Congrats!!! What an exciting year you will have.

Moosie said...

Hey Jon and Shannon -
I sure hope it's a little girl like Shannon and not a scary one like Jon!

The Platt's said...

shannon!! that's so exciting! your baby is going to be so cute!!