Wednesday, August 19, 2009
My Update!!
Hello everyone. Well for those of you who don't know, I'm currently in Pueblo CO at the Air Force Initial Flight Screening program (IFS). I arrived here on 3 Aug and was supposed to be here until 3 Sept. However, after a hard 2 1/2 weeks of study and flying, I have come to the realization that flying is not for me. I feel that I lack the passion as most of the other officers here at IFS have towards flying. I commend them all for their ability to complete a hard course in flying. I want to thank everyone who prayed and thought of me while I was here. I could not have made it as far as I did without your help. I really want to thank Shannon for being so strong. She gave me the best motivation to stick to this program. We have talked things over and she said she will support me in whatever job I do next for the Air Force. I'm excited to get back to Laughlin AFB, Del Rio and get started on selecting a new job. I'm also very excited to take some leave and go to UT and be there with Shannon when our baby is born. His birth has been on my mind constantly, and I love Shannon for her strength in enduring so much, with so little help from me. She truly means the world to me. I hope I didn't let anyone down, but if I have or if I have offended anyone, please forgive. I hope there is some way I can make it up to you. Again, thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts to get me through as far as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I was confused for a few seconds when I was reading that you were at IFS, and then realized it was JON writing. First, I think that you should always do whats best for you. BUT, I'm so sad you guys weren't staying here! :( That would have been so cool to have you guys here. We will need to keep in touch whatever you guys end up doing in the Air Force.
I completely agree with your decision--you have to do what you love! Good luck with everything and keep us updated.
well i know just what you are going through!! It wasn't that long ago that we were in your same shoes. But having gone through it I can say for sure it is much better living with a husband who loves what he is doing versus a husband who isn't sure. I think it is a really hard call because I know you have been thinking that track for so long. But it is so good to recognize that it isn't for you before you get to far in to it. I don't know if Intel is high up on your list but I of course would love to have you guys here!!! make it happen fast so we will still be here!!!!! hang in there, this transition can be hard but once you get going again you will be happy with your choice. we love you guys and can't wait to hear what is next!!!!
Dang Jon! I almost shed a tear there when you were saying how much you love Shan. I think the most important thing in life is doing what makes you happy. So do it :) Im so excited for you guys and for that little baby to get here!
Oh my goodness!! That came as a major shock, but you do have to do what is best for you and your family. Keep us updated on what you will be doing.
Good for you Jon, I think it is smart to see what you want and what you don't want and then going with it. And the benefit is, you can be with Shannon when the baby comes. That will mean a lot to her. Good luck with the new job selection. Hope you find something that will really suit you. Missed you at the reunion.
Bibi
Good for you--being true to yourself. Don't let your brothers give you crap about it. You have to do what's best for you and for Shannon. You need to be happy with what you're doing. Your whole family will be blessed for making the right decision. Enjoy your baby!!
Have fun at finding a good job Jon. I wish you luck! I'm sure you'll find something that you love.
It's all good!! Heck...how old am I and I still don't know what I want to do! ha-ha!!
It'll be good to see you.
Post a Comment