Thursday, May 28, 2009

May

Well since its been a month I decided its time for an update. So this is just a bunch of random things on this post.

-23 WEEKS-
This is actually now about 2 weeks old but this is my latest bump pictures. I had another appointment today and instead of losing weight, I finally started gaining and apparently I'm making up for lost time because I gained 11 lbs. I almost croaked when I saw the scale. So hopefully thats not a regular thing, becuase I really don't want to gain that much weight every month from here on out. I've been feeling great except for back aches and I think I have a sciatic problem becuase the past few days my lower back has really been hurting and shooting down my leg. Little Buddy (sorry Konie, we call him Little Buddy, we just can't help it) is moving around a ton these days and Jon has got to feel him alot lately. Its almost as fun just to see Jon get so excited.
-BABY NAME-
Last time I said that the baby's name is Parker Scott Tolman. Thats still the name but my Dad thought I should explain where the name comes from. Parker is my moms maiden name. I have pretty much had it picked out for as long as I can remember. I was surprised that one of my cousins never took the name. Scott is Jon's dad's name. That explains that if anyone was curious.
-SPOKANE-
Last week we went and spent the week in Spokane at Jon's parents house one last time before we take off. We didn't really have much planned but to relax, which was great. Jon spent a lot of time working on everyones cars and sorting out his old Playmobile sets. Ya, Im serious, he spent hours sorting out the different sets and putting them all together and fixing broken peices. Whatever make the boy happy I guess. I made a baby rag quilt with Jon's Mom. Im pretty much so proud of myself becuase Im really not domestic like that. Its pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. I used a bunch of random material that Jon's mom had so its really bright and cheerful.
The back was going to be one color but we found out that we didn't have enough material so its two colors. Becuase I wasn't going to drive myself crazy trying to make it a pattern, its just random on the back too. I really like it though.


This picture is really just random. We were at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane and Christi told Jon to get in this helicopter. Good thing he's gunna fly airplanes becuase he sure doesn't fit in the helicopters. haha.

-TRIP ROUTE-
After all but 6 months, were leaving tomorrow to head to Maxwell AFB in Montgomery Alabama. We had a few issues today with them sending out an email saying that spouses could no longer come due to the air conditioning being broken in the accompanied housing, but we have hopefully got it sorted out. So Im still going with Jon and we'll just see if its really sorted out when we get there.
But we have 6 days to get there so we get to make a trip out of it. Here is our route that we have planned.
The first two days have the most driving and were stopping in Cheyenne, WY and Omaha, NE. Were planning on stopping at the original CABELLA'S. If you've ever driven through Nebraska, you know what I'm talking about. Its giant. Then were going to spend two night around Nauvoo, IL and see all the church sites. That should be fun. Im sure its really not enough time to see everything but its still better than nothing. Next were headed to St. Louis, MO to see the arch. Im not sure what else is there. The last city is Nashville, TN. Jon's not as excited about this one but I am. I wanted to go to the Grand Ole' Opry but there isn't a concert that night. Oh well, we'll still get to see the sights. Then we get to Alabama next Thursday.
It should be a fun little trip. And don't worry everyone I will make sure to get out alot and walk around and drink alot of water.
Hopefully its not another month before I write on here again. I should have lots of fun pictures of our trip to share.

6 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Your little baby bump is so cute. :) Glad you are doing well. Good luck on that drive...it's a long one, but fun. :)

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

You have been very busy! Good luck on the drive, can't wait to see pictures!

princess jen said...

What a cute pregnant girl you make! Have a great trip and a fun time in Alabama.

The Douglas's said...

I love the picture, and the quilt is amazing! Good luck on the drive

Super Daysh said...

That quilt turned out so stinkin' cute! You should be very proud of yourself- I hear the rag quilts are a LOT of work. And your little bump is so cute!!

Mythreesons said...

Fun trip! Can't wait to get all the details and pictures. And you're looking great! That quilt is so cute... I love how bright and fun it is. Hang in there in Alabama... I'm seriously hoping that A/C not working is just a fluke... that would NOT be cool.