So the fire truck and ambulance come. (why they need to send a fire truck, i don't know, but whatever) They strapped a neck brace on me (which are horribly unfortable, by the way) and put me on the back board. And my blood pressure had dropped so low that they couldn't even hear a pulse on my left wrist. So they were all getting worried but I was talking the whole time, so obvisiously I was fine, but no one would listen to me. Then off the hospital we go, by this time Jon had showed up, and since I am my fathers daughter I wanted a picture right in the middle of all this. Everyone was laughing at me but I didn't care.
So off to the hospital we go, my mom and Jon got to the hospital before I did. They took me in, two nurses ripped my pants and bra off( under my clothes i might add, they obvisiously had had some practice at this). Then I went to have some X-rays of my neck, that took forever. So after being the ER for a good 2 or so hours now, they stiched my lip up that had been cut up pretty bad by my broken tooth, got me some pain pills, and sent me to the dentist.
So the dentist basically said that the two broken teeth can't be saved so I am going to have to have root canal's on both of them. Then after poking and proding around and some more X-rays he said that my jaw was broken. BROKEN??? Are you kidding me??? All i could think was that they were going to wire my mouth shut and my life would pretty much be over. So he made a fake tooth and glued my front 4 teeth together to stabilize them until my jaw healed. He said that he can't do anything to fix these teeth until my jaw is healed because I'm not supposed to open my mouth that wide. Great, just Great. These are my four front teeth people!!!!
So this morning I had an appointment with an oral surgeon. He said that since my jaw is not completly broken and its not displacing my bite or teeth, that I can just be and a soft food/liquid diet for 6-8 weeks hope that that will stabilize it and let it heal itself. So good bye to my hamburgers, steak, corn on the cob, chips and basically everything i eat. And bring on the Jell-0, pudding, soup, noodles, and yogurt. It was funny because before the dentist told me what I could eat and he said that he was putting me and the "Body by Jeremy" diet because his first name is Jeremy. Which, if you look on the bright side, mean that I have he secret weapon the win the Biggest Loser group that Heidi started. HAHA Suckers!!!
Well all in all im doing fine. just been a little achey all day but im lucky that I was at the snow cone shack when it happened and not driving home and passed out.
Oh and the thing i feel the worst about is how Jon found out. He was on a run for work delivering parts to other stores and got a call from a number that he didn't recognize. So when he listened to the message it said " This is 911 Dispatch calling about your wife, she's been injured, has a head injury and is bleeding and being taken in the ambulance". Poor kid that would have scared the crap out of me.
This picture does not even come close to how swollen my lip is today, but the redness on my cheek has pretty much all gone. And this doesn't show my missing tooth. I wish i would have got a picture of that.
16 comments:
Shannon! this is the saddest thing that I've ever heard. Are you going to be okay? I guess now if someone asks if you've had work done you can say yes!! hee hee. I feel so bad for Jon too. I bet he was freakin. I wish I had been there with you. Hope you feel better!
Oh my goodness Sha-non!! I hope you feel better! That is a crazy story...to answer your question you asked me awhile ago. No I don't think I have a senior project or anything I have to do, just student teach.
OH.MY.GOSH. that is CRAAAZY!!! i'm so glad you're ok!! well sorta... at least you're not dead. haha :)
Oh my gosh Shannon!!!! That is one wild story. I'm glad you are OK. I can just imagine you fumbling all over the parking lot looking for your lost tooth while the cop is yelling at you. Haha!!
Oh Shannon!! I'm sorry!! You do tell a great story though! What a place to pass out. I've passed out in my house and again right after donating plasma (in fact, they told me I had get a doctor's clearance before donating again!). I'm glad you're okay overall though. Good luck with the jaw!
Ohmygoodness! Shannon! You poor girl! I hope you are doing well. That is insane. I'm so impressed, I'm pretty sure I would have bein freaking out like non other. I hope you feel better and that all goes well. -love Roo
Shannon!
I'm so sorry! You should tell Jon to take better care of you -
I hope you get better quick!
Love you two!
Sheila
No freaking way! Your story just got worse and worse. It's like a way bad dream! I'm so sorry. Good luck with your new diet!
Shannon I'm so sorry to hear about your bad luck! You really need to stop doing that to yourself! I'm so glad that you found my blog so now I can keep tabs on you! I wish you the best of luck in all your healing!!!
Oh my word! I can't believe what chipper spirits you seemed to be in while writing this! ;) I would've been freaking out. I am so glad to hear that everything is ok and that you seem to be doing fine (right?). I'm sorry about the broken jaw and teeth stuff- that really stinks. Wish you a quick recovery!
Shannon! I am sooo sorry! Do you know my worst fear is getting my teeth knocked out? I am nightmares about it. You seem to be handling it all pretty well, which I wouldn't expect anything else from you! Hang in there!
wow. that makes me cringe. the whole time i was reading i kept reaching up and touching my teeth.
Wow, what a crazy day, I am glad that you will heal and hope that it is quickly. As for the contest - NO Fair you have no other choice but to stick to that diet, and all of that food you'll get sick of fast. Just don't get dehydrated or low sugar again from eating the all liquid diet.
Wow!! your story was much more intense than you let on when telling me at work! Glad you are feeling better!!
Hi Shannon, I found your blog on someone elses so I just wanted to say HI!!! I hope you've been good, I haven't talked to you forever. I hope your lip is healing well. Have fun with that diet :) talk to you soon! Ashley
Shannon, I am so glad that you are ok and doing well. I am so glad it was not worse. It is a little like when I had dylan at home in the bathroom. Yikes. I love you and I hope that we can get to know one another better as the years pass.
Love Sherri
Post a Comment