Thursday, March 27, 2008

Babies

So I know this is a random post but i found this poem the other day i really wanted to share.

On the 18th Jon's cousin, Buggy had a beautiful baby girl, Grace. She was born with HLHS, which basically means that the left side of heart is severly underdeveloped, and without surgery she would not be able to survive. She's had a rough start but seems to be doing good now with the treatments planned for her. Anyways i found this poem and wanted to share it.

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you". He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that she is just going for a visit. She is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down, and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work". But the little angel is still a little scared. She asks,"Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies,"Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says "When you are born, your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart". "Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday." "And when its time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves."

My cousin Carol also had a baby in October that had some problems after she was born and they just recently found out the she is allergic to many things, with the biggest on being milk. This will defianetly be a big change in their whole families life. It has just made me realize alot lately that you never really know what could happen at anytime, and to cherish every day.

3 comments:

princess jen said...

Thanks for that poem Shannon! It was beautiful and very sweet. (Hey, just like you!)

The Andersens said...

that is the most beautiful thing I have ever read. thank you so much for posting that on my blog. i really am going to have it printed and framed and put in her room for when she comes home. it fits so perfectly and is absolutely beautiful. thank you so much for all your comments and support, love and prayers. :)
buggy

GICK said...

Shannon, that poem is just so perfect. You are so thoughtful. Amazing. Gick