-GRADUATION-
Jon on the Jumbotron, in the sea of people, and with his friend Yomi.
-COMMISSIONING-
After 5 looong years, it finally happened. At the commissioning Jon took his oath and became a 2nd Lieutentant.Then his mom and I pinned on his "butter bars" which is his new rank and then he gave parent pins to his parents and a spouse pin to me. Then he signs on the dotted line and signed our lives away until at least 2020.
There was only 1 other Cadet that Commissioned this semester.
Jon taking the Oath from his Dad
Look at those SMILES. I think he was a little excited.
After we pinned on the "Butter Bars" and pinning on my Spouse Pin.
Jon with Maj. Martin and Janice
Three of the Tolman men.
After Commissioning we had a dinner at my Cousin Konie's house. (Thanks) It was packed. Thanks everyone who came to support Jon.


All in all it was a great day. Now we have to wait 5 long month until were off to Alabama in May, Colorodo in August, and finally Texas in October.
4 comments:
I always have good intentions... I was planning on getting up there for the festivities but Mother Nature got in the way and I just decided not to chance the snowstorm. It looks like you all had a lot of fun though! Congrats Jon!
Congrats to you! I'm sorry we missed it..we suck and it was bad weather for us too...(see I have a good excuse). I am so excited for you both and what you have to look forward to. You will love Alabama...it's a good state. :) Congrats again!
Congrats Jonny boy!! Good luck with all your training!!
Congratulations Jon! I'm thrilled for you guys. You have such an exciting road ahead of you and despite signing your lives away, it's nice to have a little job security in this economy, right? And Texas will be warm in Winter! What an awesome year you guys have ahead of you! Congratulations again. I think it's awesome what you accomplished.
Post a Comment