So after a month and lots of begging from Jon, I guess I will update this blog.
Jon had 2 giant duffle bags that he packed all his gear in. You could have fit about 4 Parkers in each bag. Not surprisingly, Parker didn't take long to get in and play in the bags and mess everything up that Jon had packed. Maybe I should have packed him up so Jon could take his Little Buddy with him.
The day before Jon left we spent the day in Boise. Jon's parents flew in to send Jon off too. We went to a few stores then went to the hotel so Parker could take a nap while Jon went to pick up Scott and Linda. Then we went to Build-A-Bear to get Parker a little Camo Monkey. Maybe Im crazy, but I thought Parker would be way more into it than he was. There were way to many people in there for Parker to pay attention to what we were doing. But in the end, he did love his Monkey.
We woke up bright and early the next morning and headed off to the airport. When you are deploying, your family members can get escort passes to go with you back to the gate. So Jon got all checked in and Parker and I were able to go all the way back with him.
Scott and Linda flew to SLC with Jon. After we said our emotional goodbyes (which by the way I felt like we were putting on a show for the whole airport) they loaded the plane and Parker and I waited by the window and watched the plane take off.
Bye Daddy


3 comments:
I know if Ty gets a chance to deploy he will. I don't look forward to that day :P
oh my gosh, I kind of cried reading this!!! Hopefully time passes fast! We are always here and ready to hangout so just let us know when you are in the area.
What some sweet pictures and of couse I did cry with your last picture of Parker!
Post a Comment